Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Weird Ass Dream…


I had a seriously weird ass dream last night. So weird I have to blog it! Hahah! Anyway, it must be due to the mandarin orange I ate before going to bed last night! So, on with the dream! It starts like this…


I was staying at my great grandparent’s home. An old farm house in Kuching. It was more or less like I remembered it. The kitchen was small and airy with a door leading out to the yard. The main dining area had fused with the living area though, and my grandparents, my parents and siblings were hanging out there. Other than that, Prince, the singer, was there too… don’t ask me what he was doing there, but he was there.


So anyway, I was in the kitchen when I heard on the news about an escaped genetic mutation. Apparently, it was very dangerous and people were encouraged to stay in their homes and arm themselves. All I could think then, in the dream, was “What the fuck…” as I looked at the kitchen knives on the cement counter. Looking out of the kitchen window, I saw a lizard like tail on the roof attached to a human butt.


Honestly, in the dream, I felt totally calm, though in reality, I would have freaked out by then. Grabbing a cleaver, I whispered to some commando-looking guy in the kitchen that was assigned to protect us, that there was the lizard man on my roof (come to think of it, commando-looking-dude looked a lot like Bruce Willis). So basically, I ushered my grandma into the living area and started closing all the doors.


I warned Prince not to sing due to the mutated lizard-like thing on my roof, but then the singer seemed to have a dose of bravado and ranted on how he wouldn’t sit around to let some little reptile terrorise him. He grabbed a small craving knife and charged out of the house screaming his lungs out.


Needless to say, the mutated lizard thing leapt off the roof and at a crazy Prince brandishing his small knife at the 6 foot tall lizard thing (this approximation of the height does not include the length of the tail). My commando guy rushed out, cleaver in hand, to save the delirious Prince.


I on the other hand, began bolting all the door and leaving only one open for the commando dude and Prince to get in through. Commando guy drags the bleeding singer into my house with a gaping wound on his head. Prince however looked a whole different story, mumbling something about making his comeback hit about lizard men with croc teeth as his stomach showed basically all his innards.


My very pessimistic grandpa, on seeing the terrible condition Prince was in, said that our flimsy ancient doors wouldn’t hold against the lizard guy. Regardless, I bolted the last door and waited for reinforcements. Just as an armoured personal carrier rolled into the yard, Mr. Lizard guy pokes his snout in my window and starts snarling at me. I think I had a moment with the lizard thing, staring into his yellow eyes (see! I even remember the damn eyes).


Letting out a half scream, I start slashing its snout with my cleaver. The damn lizard skin seemed to absorb most of the damage and all I was doing was cutting maybe 1 – 2 cm deep gashes into it’s snout. Needless to say, I was starting to freak out when the scene of the dream changed.

Suddenly, I was in this huge house with a laboratory in my basement. In the dream in was aware that I was a renown scientist and was involved the further study of genetic mutations. I was walking back from the seaside when I saw that freaky abomination again. Running back into the house, I shut the heavy doors and barked instructions to my assistant to ensure that the entire family was safe in the higher floors.


Running to my laboratory, I saw that the lizard creature was amphibious and was swimming around in my observatory watching me with intent. Freaked out, I grabbed some paper and stuff before rushing out. I remember calling someone and screaming about the lizard thing being amphibious.


Running up the stairs, I had several concerns in my head, one was that children and husband were safe (children?! Husband?!). after looking in to the nursery and seeing my “husband” and “kids” safe and sound in the armoured room, I rushed up to check on my guest.


My guest was some sort of best friend and she was confused why the assistant insisted she was to shut her balcony door and start her fireplace to make get heat into the house. I recall the conversation was somewhere along the lines of:


“Why light the fireplace?”


“The freak outside can’t stand smoke,” I responded searching for paper to start the fire.


“Oh. You do realise that the fireplace hasn’t been used in the 2 years you moved in right?”


I nod as I empty the trashcan into the fireplace and light the cotton balls and tissue that were in the trashcan. In my mind, I think that sooner or later, I have to start breaking the furniture to keep the fire going… but something in the back of my mind says that I survive this problem.


At this, I wake up feeling a bit relieved and confused. Hahah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your dream is damn funny!!!! Genetic Mutation, Mr Lizard etc etc...

Don't study too much GEN30xx!

Hahaha,

Cheers

Alexis Delon said...

wahh, damn interesting dream, sounds like u watched a Prince video or concert, then watched Cicak-man, then drank some coke before sleeping...
so detailed dream...haha