Saturday, February 03, 2007

Alone at Home... Whether I Want to or Not…

It’s a bit frustrating being me, I dare say. I’ve been sitting at home, wishing I was out there hanging out with Nick and the guys. Really missing it a lot. My folks would never allow me to go off to Ampang to hang out with them at Al Rosha. Nuh uh! So here I am, sitting in my room blogging as my boyfriend and his friends hang out in Al Rosha.

Some of you may think that I shouldn’t be sticking so close to my Nick and leave him some time to be with his guys, trust me, I do. But over time, I have become their friend too. You can’t really expect otherwise. Nick and I have been together for nearly 3 years now. So his friends have sort of become mine. Sometimes, I wish things could be a little different. I wish that my parents wouldn’t be so strict and let me out to do whatever I want! It’s not like I’m 5!!! I’m already more than 20 years old!

Anyhow, I think they shouldn’t have let me stay alone in the first place, in that case. Once they let me stay out in the hostels, I grew up and made a lot of my own decisions. Yes, I admit, I made a lot of stupid decisions, but I sleep in the bed I make. But the thing is I’m used to my life of independence. I’m used to doing things by myself and not having to ask for permission.

Right now, all I have is messages from Nick to let me know what’s going on and what they’re talking about. It would be nice to be there and I’d like to think that they’re all so relaxed around me that they can talk about anything. Ah well, I’ll have to wait donkey years before that can happen again.

No comments: