Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Many, Many Things...

There are lots of things that have been flying around in my head as of late. I have loads of things to think about. Self assessments of my self consciousness, my character and my life. Toda, during Plant Biotech lecture, Prof Pua talked about how we should further our studies. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. After all, he has seen all sorts of things over the 20-30 years of being in the field. Sitting there, in the lecture theatre, I couldn't help but wonder, should I do honours? Should I stop after my degree, should I just skip honours and fly into masters? How much time should I invest in studying? All these things are plaguing my mind and making me wonder.


 

I've also been having other less than savoury thoughts lately. Bordering a little on homicidal, I check myself to rein in my anger and annoyance. I'm sure those that have been reading my blog rather religiously, know that I despise girls that excessively flirt with my boyfriend. I'm not saying that I don't flirt a bit or have guys surrounding me all the time. The difference is that I treat them as my friends and only as friends. When a female, that starts showing more than a passing interest in my boyfriend, starts messaging him odd messages, I will, without a damnable doubt, get annoyed. Once, twice, it's cute and all that you like him that much, but please, anymore than that, you're looking for a punch.


 

I won't say who you are. If you read my blog, I'm warning you. Don't you sms him rubbish like that again. I don't appreciate it. Nick doesn't like it either, alright? Look, I'm not trying to be mean and a hypocritical bitch, but the truth is that I draw the line a bit when it comes to flirting. I believe that so long the other individual realises that nothing will ever transpire from the interaction, it's fine. But in this particular female's case, she has a history in liking nick. Nick is attractive, though he denies vehemently, and from the structure of the sentence and the manner of the message, I know that she's obviously trying to get his attention. On more than one occasion, she has shown more then a passing interest in Nick. I've always known that she likes Nick to a degree. I tolerate it only because she didn't try to be funny and directly come at him. If you're reading, Ms. I'll-strangle-myself-with-spaghetti, I'm telling you to lay off him. I don't hate you, but I don't like you doing all this. Yes, you're his friend, and you've known him longer than I have, but think about it... if he were single, it would be fine. but since he's not, try respect the fact that I dislike it, aight?


 

Work is starting to roll now. Hopefully, I can keep my head above the water. Report due Friday, need to do research on renewable resources using plant biotechnology, need to check up on my agar plates in the morning, need to ensure my plant culture doesn't get contaminated... gah!!!!

No comments: