Friday, July 27, 2007

Last Day of Work and Taken away Kicking and Screaming…

If anyone was in the lounge today between 4 and 5pm, they would have seen me being dragged away kicking and screaming from the countertop. Wei Hong and Mervin thought it would be funny to render me helpless by grabbing my legs and arms and picking me up off the countertop that I was sitting on. Needless to say, I didn't go without a fight. After managing to carry me halfway into the MUSA office, I reached up and pinched Hong right on his hooters. BOTH of them. Serves him right! In retaliation, Hong, being the "gentleman" that he was dropped my legs and scampered off… He didn't get far though… no!!! I managed to grab him and give him a thorough beating up.


 

It seems that being the last day I'm working in the lounge, people have been trying to drag (read carry/ pick/ hoist/ elevate) me out of the lounge… one of them was Darren who pestered me to join MNSM. I wasn't wearing my shoes as I like walking around bare footed so I told him I couldn't go due to my unclad tootsies. He then proceeded to threaten me with him carrying me to the MNSM booth, which would have embarrassed the shit out of me, or I was to wear my shoes and follow him. The dratted boy barely counted to 3 before he came charging behind the counter and tried to pick me up off the table I was sitting on!!! I think my loud scream deterred him. But in the end, I put on my shoes and scampered out.


 

There is one thing though, I know I'll miss working in the lounge. I've made a good deal number of friends whilst working there. Anyone that has walked and sat behind the counter knows this. The lounge is like a home to many students. It's a rendezvous point and a place to chill and unwind after a hectic day of classes. It's a place that people go to when they want to get out of the hot Malaysian heat. It's where I have had so many good laughs and a good place to hide when I just need some loud "quiet". I'll miss counting money when I get tired of just making sure everything's ok. I'll miss watching people from behind the counter. I'll miss having a place I know I definitely can sit down.


 

Kate and Merv were talking to me about me taking up 2 hours instead of quitting altogether, but I want a specific time slot that would be good for me and not something that I feel would be taking up any of the time that I feel I may need for other things. I've asked Kim about it, but he has said that the time I have is as is due to the lack of people having breaks at the time I do. Oh well, my days as a lounge attendant are over. I loved it when I was working and I'll miss it dearly, but as long as I can come back to the lounge and hang out with the other loungies, I'm good.. :)

No comments: