Saturday, August 11, 2007

Replying a Comment…

In response to a comment left on my blog regarding my road to self discovery. One individual asked why I hate females and love guys to bits. This is where I need to clarify myself. I know it seems that way to most people. I also realise that I may pass off as rude and "unlikable" to others. I'm honestly sorry if I may have insulted people with my lack of tack, but to be honest, there are people that I'm rude to that deserve it. If you can refer to my group of friends being somewhat like me, I believe you are from our uni. When I'm with these people, I tend to be rude and harsh, but it's within my group of friends. We know all the rudeness and harsh words are all just fun and games because when it boils down to who's nice and not, we know we can depend on each other (I hope!).


 

Another thing is that I do not hate girls. Yes, I have had bad experiences where hanging out with girls has only resulted in me being hurt and disappointed, but that's the case with most people. I have a few good girlfriends that I care and love deeply (Fats, Steph, Kate, Vonne, Jules). Some other girlfriends I talk to occasionally but I enjoy their company (Mabel, nick's friends from SSG, Justine, Sin Yee). Some of the girls I hang out with are not very close to me, but I don't mind them as they aren't fake and artificial as other girls are. Most tom boys grow up to be girls like me. We are sorely mistaken for ignoring the fairer sex to prefer the company of males. Men are less complex, scheme less. I know because I'm a girl. I'm not a guy in a girl's body… that would be gross. Think about it… I'm dating a guy. Me being a guy in a girl's body would mean I'm gay? I don't have sexual tendencies towards females, though I am curious what it may make me feel.


 

Girls do not intimidate or challenge my individuality. If that were the case, I wouldn't be the individual I am today. I honestly can say I don't want to be the stereotype girl who is prim and proper. I don't believe in double standards in treatment of ladies. Yes, I love a little chivalry from men once in a while, but if it goes to the point where "women are meant to be at home, men the sole breadwinners" I would not sit down for it. I admit, I'm rude. I curse like a sailor and I don't take shit from anyone and dish it out if I feel they deserve it. If I have insulted you in the past, I'm sorry, but I believe that if it hurts, it's true. I'm not your average girl. Never have been, and never plan to be.


 

So Anonymous, thank you for your insight. I'll make an effort not to be so rude and insulting to people I don't really know that well in case I may insult them (or you). However, I will not act "more like a girl" as you so eloquently put it. It wouldn't be me to. I act as I please and feel so if the mood's right, I'll be a lady, if not, you'll be served a full dosage of the Daily Beat. Cheerio!

2 comments:

justinechua said...

wheeee, i'm mentioned in your blog. 0:)

Beat said...

yes darling, you are... hahah!