Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Miss So Much...

i think we don't realise how much things mean to us until it's gone. just the other night, i was talking to my best friend online about all the things we miss. both of us are missing our boyfriends... but the thing that we talked about most was our college life.

hanging around with guys so much can take a toll sometimes. when i was in college, i had my housemates and roomies to laugh and just be all girly with. we had so much fun. i think i had the best fun staying in My Place Apartments when i was in college.

we had the noisiest and most fun unit. we girls used to hang out on the balcony, sipping on milo talking into the night. we had our occasional drinking parties where we'd drink till we dropped, filmed each other trying to walk straight... it was so fun. other than just being plain stupid, we had a ritual every semester. after every major exam, we'd sit on the balcony, and burn all the scrap paper that we had used.

now, i uni, i don't have that fun anymore. things became so much different. i missed the laid back attitude we had. i miss the silly things we did, i miss prancing in the apartment, dancing to my favorite songs with my roomie and housemate. i miss teasing the boys in the other apartment. i miss playing with the cat from the apartment downstairs. i miss just looking out at the night sky whilst sitting on the balcony.

we don't really know what we have till it goes away. i doubt i'd have the chance for that ever again. the next time i stay alone, i doubt that i would have a balcony i can sip hot chocolate while just staring at the sky. i highly doubt any apartment i stay in would allow me to light tealights along my window sill as i sing at the top of my lungs to the open night sky. i doubt i would have to chance to stay with my best friend in the same apartment again.

we live a life full of wishes. i wish to be able to have that kind of happiness, that carefree feeling i had staying in Subang. there were bad memories, no doubt, but i miss the good times. and the nicest thing about it was i had the best times when i was with my girls...

No comments: