Friday, March 10, 2006

What a Killer Storm!!!! WoooooooHooooo!!!!!

wow! yesterday's storm was just wow! i have lost count of how many tress have fallen due to the rain! aside from that. my apartment was totally flooded!!! my room, luckily, was nice and dry, i happened to be in my room mer. anyways, the wind and rain was pretty bad. the old tree outside my window lost two branches, the tree next to it lost a couple too. one of the branches fell on a staff car and then, you can imagine the nice scartches and dents that would be apparent after that!

anyhow, the park opposite my hostel also suffered pretty badily. a tree was uprooted in a sense... though my dear dear insists that the tree just fell cos it was pulled out of the ground... this morning , i walked by, i could see the roots shown in the air!

all around sunway, the signs of a bad storm is evident. fallen trees, broken branches, leaves on the road, newspaper and rubbish strewn all over the place. i was lucky to be in my room. my study notes would have been thrown all over the place by the wind had i not been. not to mention my room mate's notes would have gone out the window too... or maybe, when we got back, it may have ended up as paper mache!

i have a fascination for the power of mother nature (for all you self-righteous christians claiming that my reference to mother nature means i worship the earth... Screw yourself... you guys should fucking read more to realise that it's a manner of speech, as the word "Fuck" is). imagine, a wind so strong it lifted trees out of their stable anchor into the ground in a short 30 minute storm. i was awed... and here we are, making use of the resources we have been so generously given, to destroy the beautiful planet we live in.

which brings me to yet another thing. i have absolutely no idea why some people seem to think that genetic engineering is "evil". look, let me tell you this. it isn't the doctors that are saving you bloody ignorant bastards! it's us biotechies that have to find some stupid antibiotic or some kinda of medicine for your countless pathogen problems. for goodness sakes! eat well, sleep well, life well, and you won't need our damn medications, and we won't have to think of smart ways to blast your little germs to oblivion...

No comments: