Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm OLD!!! Or am I?

It’s my birthday today. Today, I’m 23. I have no idea what’s in store for me in the up coming years. I have no idea how things may change and what I will be doing for the rest of my life. It has been this way since the beginning of time. Yet, despite the fact that today, I’m officially a year older than I was this time last year, I don’t feel any older or any changes.


I feel as young and as childish as I was when I was 7 running through the playground to have a go on the swing. I feel as happy as I did when I was a little kid when my mum would cuddle me. I feel no different to when I used to think my youngest brother, who is 11 this year, was the sweetest little baby in the world.


I still like to tie my hair up in pigtails and I still love to snuggle up to my mum and grandma. I still skip and run at the same time when I’m happy. Looks like I didn’t grow up much despite what my age says, eh?


Looking on the bright side of things can always make you look many years younger. Smiling more makes your face more youthful as the muscles are always used. Laughter makes you fill up with good hormones and gives you a lift in your mood. It’s scientifically proven!


So this coming year, I’ll live life and act the same as I always have. I have watched people and found that you age more if you attempt to change yourself. I will not stress myself over things that cannot be changed. I will not allow other people to get me down. I have more fun and indulge many more swing rides. I will go down the slide like I did when I was 5. I will eat more fruits and drink more water.


I will be more kind and helpful at any chance I get. I will try not to appear snobbish and unapproachable. I will maintain my sarcasm as I love it so. I will try to be less harsh and more forgiving. I will learn to control my temper and direct it away from those that I love.


To all my friends who have wished me a happy birthday, I wish a fantastic life for each and every one of you. Thank you for remembering me and forgive me if I forgot your birthdays! :P hehe!


2 comments:

wen said...

Happy birthday!! May you have a wonderful year ahead :) and congrates that you have graduated :D

Anonymous said...

whoops i missed the party. I'm a lil' late, but happy belated birthday.

cheerio
^__^