Monday, July 14, 2008

First Day of Work

Today’s the first day of work for me. Well, I have worked here before, but all the same, things are a bit different. I’m working for someone different but it’s still someone I know. I think this coming semester, the work I’ll be doing will be a little different from before. It used to be a lot easier and lighter to handle, with less chemicals, but then again, each job is different I suppose.

At the moment, I’m in the lab preparation room while waiting for the autoclave to finish. This means anywhere between 2 – 3 hours. Which, to be honest, isn’t good news for me. Chin Leng, Nick and I will be catching Hellboy 2 later today and I don’t really feel like going late as I’m really rather tired. The main reason I’m going tonight is due to Chin Leng leaving soon. Other than that, I just want to watch the damn show.

Today’s lab session went smoothly and relatively quickly. This however, can’t be always the case as I know. As the semester goes along, the more the work load I’ll have. For now, I’ll just drag out my old notes on MBB and plant biotech to read up on the labs.

Who said working meant you didn’t need to study anymore was lying…

No comments: