Monday, March 24, 2008

I am such a Stooopid Doofus

I am a big dumb doofus. I feel like bashing my head in at this very moment. URGH!


 

To summarise the "Doofus moment" I did something that is akin to asking a newly widowed woman where her husband is. As I stated in my earlier post, I am an assistant to Yong in the labs. He needed a helping hand as his lab tech colleague was on emergency leave. Well, the lady (let's called her Z) came back today. It was kind of awkward initially, but if you know me well, I'm always a bit unsure about myself when I meet new people. Anyways, after a while, engrossed with work, we kind of settled into doing our own thing...


 

Now, the "Doofus moment". This horrible moment occurred after lunch and the safety meeting. I was working alone in the lab and I was asking Z a few questions on what reagents to use and what not. I can't recall exactly how the conversation trailed to more relaxed topics, like if I was still studying and how I found working in the lab. I then asked Z how she was due to her very long medical leave. When Z answered me, I think I bore the expression of one that accidentally stepped on shit. In other words, my jaw dropped, eyes widened and I began to apologise.


 

Feeling shitty about it at the mo.


 

She didn't seem too offended about the question (innocent one I suppose), but I feel like crap. Damn it...


 

I mean like, we all were guessing the reasons. And the answer she gave me was one of the probabilities, but not one that any of us would openly say. Not the best scenario... anyhow, I'm feeling downright lousy. Crap. Should have figured and known better than to ask... me and my stupid big mouth.

No comments: