Friday, April 09, 2010

Revival

It's been a while since I last blogged. A lot of things have changed since the last post. Those close to me know the problems that emerged with KS leaving Monash. They also know the amount of stress and grief it caused too. In a nutshell, life has taken a rather bleak turn. I'm thinking of starting to work in another institution.


 

I've talked to a lot of people about this issue and all have advised me to be patient, humble and more submissive. It isn't easy to just sit there taking abuse from someone when it technically isn't really your fault to start with. It's hard to watch your colleague getting verbally abused for something that could be kindly explained. Everyone has been saying the same things, "Just put up with it, no workplace is free of people like that" "Just accept whatever she says, don't answer back" "Don't worry; let her say what she wants..."


 

Been trying to take their advice, but the best thing that is working for me right now is just avoiding her at all costs. If I don't see her, I don't have to listen to her scolding me and degrading me. It's better this way, with me sitting here quietly in the lab, working on my stuff with my mp3 player churning out music to my ears. It helps drown out the unnecessary noise and gives me the excuse for not noticing her come in.


 

Oh well, just another bump in the road, just another obstacle I need to overcome. I will be the better person and not blow up in her. I will be the professional one and stay calm and composed at all times. I will be boiling inside and tempted to tear her face off, but I will be better than that and just entertain thoughts of it as I super impose her face onto every zombie I kill in L4D. :D

No comments: