Monday, February 26, 2007

Creationism and Darwinian…


I’m a Christian and lately, I’ve been hearing that many schools in the US have decided against teaching the Darwinian Evolution. As a science student and aspiring scientist, I find this absurd. Seriously.
I mean think about it rationally. Do you seriously think the world is less than 100k years old? Not likely. Not possible considering carbon dating has already proven otherwise. So why are people insisting that it’s so possible for creationism to be valid? It’s basis is the bible! The bible may be the word of God but I doubt he wants us to take it word for word?!

I personally have my own views on how the bible may be interpreted. I’m a born and bred Catholic and proud to say so. I don’t blindly follow everything the bible says because if that were the case, there would be a totally different Beat typing this.

Ok, I’ll start at the beginning. You know how the bible says God made the world in 7days? Imagine this, our one day is probably a mere nanosecond in God’s world. I once read somewhere that His one second is equivalent to probably 1000 years in our life! So if that were the case, since scientists have predicted our planet to be approximately 4.5 billion years old, this estimate may be right.

Ok, now that I have given my point of view on the creation of the world we know, I’ll go onto Adam and Eve. Say God did create all the beasts of the land, birds of the air, fish of the sea, then as we know it as now, things must have been the same for ages then, right? Assuming that were the case, we know that God mentioned that Adam and Eve were his initial creations for the form for the homo sapiens. Oddly, in the exile of Cain after slaying his brother, he managed to find a wife. Now, where this lovely lady come from? God made her on a whim too? I doubt. This means that whilst Adam and Eve were nicely sheltered in Eden (or Paradise, whichever you prefer) evolution had occurred outside of Eden where God had let nature take her course. It’s the only explanation where this lady came from. Any other explanation would point to incest and surely the bible wouldn’t be recording that eh?

Onto evolution and why I agree to it. Survival of the fittest is obvious all around you. Only the strongest have survived catastrophes, the weak ones perish from disease, inability to fend for themselves. The cunning and wily survive due to their quick wit. So yes, we are a result of this age old rule of nature. God gave us a mind and we used it. We managed to use it to achieve the greatness our species has.

As for his perfect homo sapiens, Adam’s lineage, it ended with Jesus. As we know, there isn’t a record of Jesus having a wife and children, but if He did, I’m ok with it. Makes Him all the more Man than God, yet Godly. *chuckle!* after all, He was God in the form of a Man. So yeah, Man will love and I’m sure Jesus must have been quite an attractive character considering the crowd he drew… ah! I digress!

God made in Eden, His perfect copies of the animals we have now, or maybe will have. He let evolution deal with making dinosaurs a chicken and a elephant because He was resting… remember? So anyhow, genes have proved evolution is the reason why we have marsupials and monotremes. Evolution of God’s initial copies resulted in big cats so alike yet so different, formation of crocs and alligators, birds of all shapes and sizes. Thus, creationism is hogwash if you say that everything hasn’t changed for the past few thousand years. You must be crazy to say so…

No comments: